Listed below are the official rules and regulations of Lenape Swim Club. These are provided strictly for the safety and comfort of our members. Please read through them thoroughly — you never know which ones may apply to you. Did you know that one broken bottle (Snapple, salad dressing, baby food jars, etc.) could lead to the closure of the pool for up to 3 weeks? Please follow the rules for the sake of your fellow members.
Lenape Swim & Diving Club, Inc.
Rules and Regulations
(Revised January 2011)
- ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS OR BREAKABLES OF ANY KIND (glass goggles, containers, bottles, dishware, etc.)
- Members must acknowledge, in writing, agreement with and understanding of the Club’s rules and regulations. Membership will not be accepted without this acknowledgment.
- Membership can be denied at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- All members must enter the pool property through the pool house main gate.
- The pool manager must approve any sports activity, ball playing, etc.
- The pool property consists of the area inside the fence, parking lot, and adjacent mowed field and basketball court.
- Parents will supervise their children at all times.
- Members should report all property damage, safety hazards and necessary repairs to the pool manager.
- All members and their guests must sign in with the pool manager or guard(s) on duty upon arrival.
- Improper language or behavior is subject to disciplinary action, including suspension or revocation of Club privileges, at the discretion of the pool manager.
- Defacement or destruction of club property is cause for immediate suspension of Club privileges and possible revocation of Club membership, as well as assessment of repair and/or replacement costs incurred.
- Suspension of up to 14 days may be imposed by the pool manager for violation of any rule or regulation. The Board of Directors must approve suspensions in excess of 14 days. The Board of Directors must approve revocations of membership as per Article IV-6 of the Lenape Constitution.
- Members found on Club property before or after hours will be subject to suspension. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Recreational or physical activity, such as ball playing, running, or horseplay is prohibited on the concrete aprons surrounding the pool and on concrete areas in front of dressing rooms.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be consumed by anyone under the age of 21.
Food and Refreshments
- Food and refreshments shall be consumed only in the designated areas (picnic and poolside tables) and specifically must be kept away from the pool concrete aprons.
- Glass containers of any kind are not allowed inside the pool grounds.
- Gas grills must be used away from bushes and structures and on the property area behind the office. Members are responsible for their safe use.
Care of Building and Grounds
- Trash and recycling receptacles are provided. Members are asked to clear off their tables, straighten their chairs, pick up all litter around tables and close their umbrellas upon departure.
- All showers must be turned off when not in use.
- Unlicensed vehicles, including mini-bikes, are not permitted on the premises.
- Parking is available in both the lot and the lower mowed field.
- No pets are allowed on the premises.
- Members must register all guests and pay all guest fees upon arrival.
- Guests may not attend more than two (2) times within a 30-day period unless the sponsoring member receives special permission from the pool manager. This provision applies whether more than one member invites the guest. It does not apply to the one optional caregiver listed on a member’s application form.
- Occasional babysitters, as opposed to caregivers listed on a member’s application form, will be treated as guests for the purpose of this fee schedule.
- Members must accompany their guests, with the exception of babysitters and caregivers (as differentiated above), at all times. Children under age 15 may not bring guests unless they are chaperoned.
- Bringing more than four (4) guests at one time is a special courtesy and requires advance notice to the pool manager for approval. There may be instances where guest requests may have to be limited due to our concerns for overcrowding and the problem of a shortage of tables and chairs for members.
- Children 15 years of age or older as of Memorial Day of the current season may attend the pool unchaperoned provided that they demonstrate to the pool manager and guards that they can swim at least one length of the pool and have a blanket permission form (available at the office) signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- A qualified chaperone is any person 15 years or older who demonstrates sufficient maturity and responsibility, at the discretion of the pool manager, to maintain vigilance over those entrusted to his or her care and has had a chaperone permission form (available at the office) signed by a parent or guardian. As a precautionary measure, the pool manager must be advised of the chaperone’s identity as the child signs in.
- In case of dangerous or inclement weather, the pool will close until such time as conditions warrant safe reopening at the discretion of the pool manager. If you have doubts about whether the pool is open or not, it is advisable to telephone prior to going to the pool.
- At the first sign of thunder or lightning, the pool will be cleared for twenty (20) minutes as state law dictates and remain closed until the pool manager deems it safe to enter the water.
- When the diving board is open, no swimmers are allowed in the diving well.
- Ladders must be used to exit the diving area, thereby maintaining a smooth and continuous flow of traffic under maximum safety conditions.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board or its supporting stand at any time.
- Diving is prohibited in the shallow end of the pool.
- Proper bathing attire is required.
- Each person is responsible for using the shower facilities to remove dirt prior to entering the pool.
- An adult must accompany children age five (5) and under to the restrooms.
- Please do not flush ANYTHING other than toilet paper.
- You are responsible for watching your children in the wading pool.
- Do NOT use the baby pool to clean off dirt.
- Children who are 7 and over are discouraged from using the baby pool to ensure the safety of the younger children.
- Children must be at least three (3) years old and fully toilet trained in order to be allowed in the big pool.
- All diapered children in the wading pool MUST wear swim diapers. Regular diapers will not be allowed.
- Please dispose of diapers in the trashcans in the rest rooms.
Minimum Swimming Requirements
- Children under ten (10) years of age are not allowed in the deep end of the pool unless they have passed a swim test established by the pool manager. All swim tests must be prearranged with the pool manager or senior guard on duty.
Disease or Inflammation
- Anyone with a communicable disease, external infection, or open wound is not permitted in either pool.
Floats and Supports, Etc.
- The only approved flotation device is an approved life vest.
- Water wings (“swimmies”) and bubbles are not approved life vests and are only allowed provided that a responsible adult accompanies the child into the shallow end of the pool.
- Inflatable tubes, rafts and floats are prohibited.
- No flotation devices are allowed in the deep end of the pool.
- Lifeguards are on duty to guard the pool and to maintain pool facility operations. They are not babysitters and have no responsibility for caring for any individual child or group of children at any time. Members will refrain from unnecessary communications with guards on duty.
- Any complaints should be addressed to the pool manager.
- Lifeguards are charged with ensuring pool rules are obeyed for the benefit and safety of all members. Disregarding lifeguards requests concerning the rules and regulations is considered a serious offense and may result in disciplinary action.
- Lap swimming is available at all times. Anyone swimming laps will be permitted to use the lap lanes.
- Lap lanes are meant to be shared, but not to exceed more than three (3) people in a lane at one time.
- Members and children may not jump or play in the lap lanes when lap swimmers are present.
- The office phone is for pool business or emergency calls only.
- Radios, tape players, etc. will not be permitted if they create a disturbance to other members. I-pods, MP3s, and other similar media can be used provided they are used with headphones.
- Lenape is available for parties for members and their guests. Party requests must be approved by the pool manager and will be subject to availability. We reserve the right to limit the number of non-members that may attend (please refer to # 6 under GUESTS).
- Please see the Party Reservation Rules for more information.
The Rules and Regulations have been established to increase the safety and enjoyment of Lenape for all members and to help preserve the physical facilities.
All Club employees are authorized to enforce the rules and regulations.